Thursday, July 12, 2007

Ryan starts school....

and he loves it! It was a decision (a very hard one) that Tom and I have made for Ryan and us.

We have decided to put Ryan in school from 8:30 to 3pm Monday thru Friday. He is going to a Montessori school. I was very unsure (aren't we always second guessing ourselves as parents?), but after today, I know that we have made the right decision for Ryan. Ryan is a very outgoing boy and needs to be constantly challenged and of course structure - more than I know how to give. I felt that I was losing him being at home with him. We were not communicating well at all with one another and both were getting very frustrated. No matter what I tried it just did not seem to work. Anyway..... when we dropped him off on his first day we all went in (even Jake) to get him settled in etc... and he was so excited! He sat right down (we went early to get him settled so he was the first one there) and started working on their materials - he was just so hungry to learn and be able to work his brain. It was an awesome sight to see - I had to interrupt him to say goodbye and he gave us all kisses and hugs and said "okay mom see ya later" and went back to working/exploring with all the new things there. When I picked him up - he had made new friends and gave them all hugs goodbye and talked about his day all the way home! It is amazing to see the change in his attitude toward Tom, Jake and me!

I am so excited for him and us - I am looking forward to "quality" time with him once again instead of the constant struggles we were looking at. Here is my peanut and his new school!


He is the little yellow dot by the front doors! Wanted you all to see a wide view of the school.

No comments: